Monday, October 8, 2012




I will be starting to teach South Mantis Kung Fu here at 90 Rockland Street Hanover MA starting this week October 8th.

South Mantis is a very unique Kung Fu system in that the way we train is almost exactly the way you apply the system in a combat/self defense situation.

South Mantis was a closed door system until about 60 years ago when it started being taught here in the USA by Lum Sang in New York City. Since then many teachers have spread this system all over the USA, with schools in NYC, Philadelphia as well as branch schools such as my school here in Hanover, MA.

I have been studying this system since the early 90s when introduced to my teacher, Shifu Roger Hagood.  Recently I have returned to study this system and will be promoting it and teaching it openly with nothing held back.

I am continuing my studies under my Elder Brother, Shifu Rick Gamboa in Illinois.

Classes will consist of warmups, Mantis Footwork, and work on the 18 Buddha Hands which are the foundational skills needed to progress in South Mantis.

For more information contact me at 617-595-8097 or email Jooklumpai@gmail.com

Current classes are Monday evenings from 7-8PM.
Wear loos comfortable clothes and flat soled shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment